The auto detailing business is a promising one to get into. People will always be interested in having their cars cleaned and otherwise cosmetically cared for, which means that people will always be seeking the services of an auto detailing shop.
The services that an auto detailing shop offers will determine the type of clientele it will attract and the type of success it will have. The more specific the services that are offered, the more success the business will have. With that said, if you are thinking about starting up an auto detailing business, here's a look at some of the essential services that you should provide.
This service includes the basics of detailing a car. A basic detailing service should include:
- Spray or hand wash and hand dry
- Cleaning the interior carpets and mats
- Cleaning the windows, both inside and out
- Cleaning out the door jambs
- Cleaning of the tires
This service would include all of the services of the basic detailing, put would also include more in-depth cleaning, including:
- Cleaning the dashboard, vents and trim
- A premium application of wax
- Extracting the dirt from the carpet and fabric with a hot water treatment provide by a pressure pump
- Leather treatment in cars that feature leather upholstery
Cleaning of the Chassis and Wheels
A car's undercarriage and chassis should be cleaned. This service would include cleaning underneath the car, as well as the wheel wells and the major components of the suspension system. Splash guards and fender liners should also be cleaned.
Care of a Car's Paint
A car's paint is quite delicate. In order to ensure that the paint of the cars you work on is properly taken care of and is not chipped, you should clean the pain using a 3-step process. This process includes:
- Properly washing and drying the car to remove any dirt and grime on the surface.
- The application of a clay bar, which will remove contaminants that are lying in the clear coat of the paint, like metal particles and tar.
- Once the paint is cleaned and the contaminants have been removed, it should be sealed using wax. The wax will not only make the paint shine, but will also protect it from dirt and debris.
If you offer these three services, you can be sure that you'll have happy customers and that your auto detailing business will be a success. Get started with equipment by contacting companies like Canuck Industrial Sales Pumps.